Terms and conditions
Airport Shuttle Service NZ *ASSNZ is a product/purchase of Book a Ride Limited
The following booking conditions, together with the information set out on the relevant booking page of the Book a Ride website will form the contract between you and us for your transfer with us.
In this contract a reference to “you” and “your” include the lead-named person on the confirmation invoice (who must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking) and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made.
“We” are Book a Ride Limited of Gulf Harbour, Whangaparaoa 0930 New Zealand
- “Transfer” means an airport transfer, transfer to / from cruise Queens / Princes wharf or other private / shared transfers organized by Book a Ride Limited.
- “Shared Transfer” means you are sharing the vehicle with other passengers organized by Book a Ride Limited.
- “Private / Exclusive Transfer” means the vehicle is exclusive to you for the transfer specified in the booking.
The contract between us comes into existence when we send out our confirmation email which confirms your booking. You will have undertaken to pay for the transfer you have booked and we will have undertaken to provide you with the transfer we describe in the brochure / on our website.
If you make a booking on behalf of others as well as yourself, we shall take it that you have the authority of each of those other people to enter into that contract and that you and they have agreed to be jointly and severally liable to us. You now accept personal liability for the acceptance and compliance of each of those people, with these contract terms.
If we are unable to accept your booking, we will of course return your payment to you immediately.
For you to make a booking, we require your full payment and a completed booking form. Our confirmation invoice will be sent to you by email. We may decline your booking for any reason and we do not have to give you the reason. If that happens we will return your money to you immediately and in any event within 5 days.
What is included in the price of a Transfer at Book a Ride ?
- pickup and drop-off at the locations specified in your booking;
- wait time of up to one hour at no additional cost;
What is NOT included?
- credit card fees / bank transaction fees
- travel insurance or any other insurance personal to you;
- gratuities you choose to give, in addition to any we give on your behalf where we consider appropriate.
Full payment is due at the time of booking.
The prices given on our web site and in our brochure are calculated at costs current at the time we fixed them. If costs rise or adverse currency exchange rates apply, you agree that we may increase prices at any time to a maximum of 5% of the advertised cost of the Transfer. If we do this we shall tell you the costs which have risen and the percentage by which they have risen.
No matter what the increase, we shall not increase the cost less than six weeks before the departure date.
If we increase the price of your Transfer by more than 5%, you are free to cancel. In that circumstance we will return to you all money paid to us.
Cancellations by you
If you cancel your booking, we may charge a cancellation fee calculated as follows:
- 2 days before departure: 10% of the Transfer cost
- 24 hours before pickup: 25% of the Transfer cost
- 8 hours before pickup: 50% of the Transfer cost
- 4 hours or less before pickup (or “no show”): 100 % of the Transfer cost.
The above dates refer to the date that we receive notice of cancellation from you.
In any circumstances giving rise to cancellation, we will consider allowing you to transfer the money you have paid, to other Book a Ride Transfer you choose.
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel any Transfer. We will give you at least 72 hours notice, provided booking has been confirmed by Book a Ride more than 72 hours. In the event of our cancellation, your payment will be refunded in full, or, if you prefer, transferred to an alternative Book a Ride Transfer.
All payments to us may be made by electronic transfer for which full information will be provided at the time of booking.
You agree that all these provisions are reasonable.
Limitations on our liability
We want you to enjoy your transfer with Book a Ride. We shall do our best to make your transfer special for you. Nonetheless, we must make clear the limitations in law. We are not liable to you for:
- any event which happens before you board our transport at the pickup location or after you leave our transport at the drop off location;
- any problem arising from your failure to reach the pickup location on time, for whatever reason;
- any problem that are out of our control to reach the drop off location on time;
- medical problems or physical difficulties, even if you have told us about them in advance;
- medical emergencies;
- your own carelessness or negligence in any aspect of your behavior whilst with us;
- problems or issues which you have not raised during the transfer.
We need help from your Participation And Behavior
- Smoking, drinking or eating are not permitted in the vehicle.
- If at any time, it is our opinion (given by any of our staff or Transfer Operator / Driver) that you are acting in a way which may cause accident, injury, discomfort or extreme displeasure to any other passengers or the driver, you may be asked to leave the vehicle. You will understand that this extreme action will not be taken lightly but may be necessary to protect the health, safety or enjoyment of other clients.
We shall try our utmost to provide a happy and safe transfer, but if we fail in any way, do please raise any issue with the driver. If your complaint cannot be satisfied, it is not dealt with to your satisfaction at the time of reporting it to the driver, and then you should give us full details in writing, immediately on your return.
The laws of New Zealand shall govern the validity, construction and performance of this agreement. Any dispute arising in connection with this agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts.